JOIN A WINNING TEAM
Welder & Fitters Required Immediately
Provincial Partitions is a growing, fast paced modular construction company in its 37th year of business.
Our company has four divisions:
- In-Plant Modular Construction
- Controlled Environments
- Office Interiors
- Prefabricated Structures
A brief look into our business can be found at: www.pro-part.com.
Starting September 2018 we are moving to a new facility in Burlington, Ontario.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven experience as welder
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Deftness and attention to detail
- Proficient in English
- Professional Certification will be a plus
- Team based company.
- Promote within, career minded people.
- Willingness to train & learn.
- Addition incentive pay based on efficiency and productivity.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $30.00 /hour
- Welding: 1 year (Required)
- Driver’s Licence (Required)
Inquiries: Email firstname.lastname@example.org